Select an article below to find out the latest information and news relating to the Africa Academy of Management.
MESSAGE FROM AFAM PRESIDENT
30 June 2014
Dear Afam Members,
I am writing to inform you about a number of exciting developments for our association.
- AFAM 2016 Conference: We are in the process of finalising arrangements and the call for papers for our 2016 Annual Conference which will take place in January 2016. Please stay tuned for more information.
- AFAM at Academy of Management Annual Meeting: We have a number of activities planned for your participation.
- There is a Professional Development Workshop session entitled, Storytelling and the Wisdom of Words in Management: An African Perspective ‘ facilitated by Constant Beugré, David Zoogah, Eileen Kwesiga and Mzamo Mangaliso. It will take place on Sunday August 3 from 11:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. in the Pennsylvania Convention Centre Room 120A.
- Caucus/ Business Meeting will be held on Monday, 4 August from 9:45 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown in Room 415. Please come and get an update our activities and how you can get more involved!
- AFAM Social: Monday, 4th of August from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Independence Visitor Centre-Liberty View Ball room (2nd Floor). Address: One North Independence Mall West 6th Street and Market Streets
- AFRICA Related Sessions on Program: Please check the website for a list of Africa related sessions.
- Launch of the Africa Journal of Management: We have established our own scholarly journal to be published by Taylor & Francis starting in 2015. The journal will publish original theoretical and empirical research addressing contemporary issues relevant for management in Africa which relates to indigenous or local African management knowledge, needs, and realities. Our founding editor, Professor Moses Kiggundu of Carleton University, and Senior Associate Editor, Professor Bruce Lamont, Florida State University are working very hard to launch our first edition of the Journal in 2015. We so very fortunate to have their leadership for the journal. The journal will be available to AFAM members as one of the benefits of membership.
The Executive Committee and I appreciate your continued membership. We are working hard to take AFAM forward. Please assist us by telling others about our work and how they can become members and participants in our ex citing future.
Stella M Nkomo, President